Common Areas to Consider When Preparing Your Estate Plan.
- Will (valid for your state of residence and up-to-date)
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare "Directive to Physicians" or "Living Will"
- Living Trust (Revocable or Irrevocable)
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
Remember All of Your Assets!
- Cash On Hand
- Bank Accounts (Checking, Savings, Money Market)
- Safe Deposit Box (Deeds, Titles, Valuables)
- Certificates of Deposit (CD's)
- Investment Portfolios (Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, IRA's)
- Resort Property
- Precious Metals
- Life Insurance Beneficiaries
- Art, Firearms, Coins, Vehicles or Novelty Collections
- Patent Rights
- Personal Property
- Pension Funds (401k or 403b)
(Please consult reputable Legal Counsel and a qualified Tax Professional for the latest in Estate Laws affecting your state of residence and the current Internal Revenue Service regulations governing the disposition of Estate assets.) On occasion, constituents of HPCH request that the Home be appointed Executor or Trustee of their Estate, of which most times we agree and are honored.
Helpful Links to Assist Your Charitable Planning
savewealth.com - Information regarding Charitable Lead Trusts or Charitable Remainder Trusts.
acga-web.org - Complete information regarding Charitable Gift Annuities.
nolo.com - Information for Estate Planning or Legal Questions.
PLEASE NOTE: The preceding links are being provided as a courtesy to assist and expedite personal education regarding Estate Planning. High Plains Children's Home and Family Services, Inc. expresses no warranty and assumes no liability as to the content and accuracy of the sites listed.